Quality Inspector – North East
Bluestones Manufacturing Solutions is partnered to several businesses across the UK, providing quality services for the manufacturing sector in Inspection, Training and Cost Control.
We are currently looking for experienced inspectors to join our team in the North East area. Previous experience is desired but not essential as we provide full training.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working with quality in a manufacturing or warehousing environment, have a keen eye for detail and a flexible approach to work in terms of hours and location as extended shifts or travel to other sites may be required.
Key role responsibilities
- Perform the required task (inspection, rework etc) strictly in accordance with the approved WES
- Identify improvements to process
- To complete data sheets within set time deadlines
- Ensure all PPE requirements are being worn at all times on site
- Escalate to Team Leader where: 1) WES not available. 2) WES not fit for purpose. 3) Receive a request to deviate from WES
- Train other team members on methods / process for parts examination and rectification
- Coach other team members on best practice
- Perform all tasks in line with customer / site health and safety and ensure adherence
- Ensure representation of the Bluestones Manufacturing Solutions brand through neat and tidy appearance and conformance to workwear standards
- Ensure understanding and adherence to customer site-specific standards
- Respond to Customer / Bluestones Manufacturing Solutions requests in a flexible manner
- Ensure that you are prepared and ready for work at the start of the shift
- Work to Quality Management System requirements – storing documents, reports
- Communication skills. Demonstrate ability to work effectively with customer and clients both verbally and in written form
- Worked within and contributed towards a CIP (Continuous Improvement Plan)
- Awareness of Quality Management systems
- IT and Microsoft tools awareness
- Diplomacy, able to deal with situations without arousing hostility
- At least hold a basic knowledge of H&S and environmental legislation
- Influence and positive impact, able to motivate and energise others
- Can-do attitude
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Willing to undertake any additional training or education
If you think you have work it takes to join an ever-expanding company, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, then please apply and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.
Share this job role: